Provide your students with cooperative learning experiences using this Jigsaw Activity for writing a research report. Taking notes and writing a report can be daunting at any grade level, but with this Jigsaw Activity, students share the workload and learn together. The research report lesson turns your classroom into a fun publishing house where students participate in the writing process as editors and subject matter experts (SMEs). Use the activity to explain research report processes then use it again throughout the year for research ideas, topic development, and project-based activities. Integrate your own reading and language arts curriculum lessons.
This product further advances your students in many ways.
- “Teamwork makes the dream work!”
- Cooperative and project-based learning
- Speaking and listening skills
- Learning and using academic vocabulary organically
- English language learners benefit from ongoing group discussions.
Included in this product:
- 15-page Teacher’s Guide
- Colorful and detailed instructions
- Helpful teaching tips throughout
- Jigsaw Activity Cards
- Jigsaw Activity Worksheet
- Interactive Project Tracker